Every year at this time, many Connecticut homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait:
- People relocate to Connecticut all year round. Companies are not concerned with holidays and if the buyers have kids, they have a job that needs to be done.
- Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. A good real estate agent will work with you to set showing instructions that balance your needs with the flexibility buyers are looking for to get your home sold. You will remain in control.
- Homes show well when decorated for the holidays. Who does
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now. Seller's taking their homes off of the market for the winter means less options for buyers. Listing your home during the holidays could get buyers in to see it that may have otherwise skipped it.
- The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. In Fairfield County, housing inventory in December, January and February is lowest. While the number of homes for sale gradually increases after the New Year and increases more dramatically March-June.
If you live in Norwalk or New Canaan, waiting until after the holidays to sell your Connecticut home may not be the best approach to get your home sold. Current inventory levels in your town can be accessed here.
About the Author
As a full-time real estate agent with Coldwell Banker, I help clients buy and sell real estate in Darien, Fairfield, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Rowayton, Stamford, Weston, Westport, and Wilton. Prior to becoming a real estate agent, I spent 13 years managing client relationships for various Marketing and Advertising companies. I implemented numerous integrated marketing campaigns and managed ongoing performance for some well-known Hospitality, Retail and Telecommunications partners. I am uniquely qualified to deliver exceptional service to you while I help you buy or sell your home. I love what I do and would be happy to help you prepare to sell your home. To schedule a free consultation call 203.919.7479, or request a custom home evaluation.